Property Manager Checklist
10 Things to Prepare For El Nino
With a greater than 90% chance that El Nino will continue through the Northern Hemisphere starting Winter 2015-16 and an 80% chance it continues through Spring 2016, we are tripling our office size and warehouse preparing to serve you.
Just Suggestions For You:
- Clear rooftops and gutters of debris
- Clear drains and storm drains near property
- Get a plumber to snake all lines to prevent backups
- Stock up on sandbags for flooding inside units and/or common areas
- Make sure flashlights are available
- Have a pre-disaster plan in place for all staff
- Have emergency kits, water, supplies, etc. just in case
- Inform residents of emergency plans and make sure they know where to shut off water and gas in case of an earthquake
- Have all emergency numbers and contacts in one central location accessible to all staff
- Choose your Emergency Service vendor now so they are prepared to serve you
Emergency Services vendors will be completely overwhelmed. When it rained for 11 days last December, we were getting calls from competitors asking us to take their best clients. Make sure you are on someone’s Priority Client List now!